Saturday, June 1, 2013

How I got into Crafting- Part of the Blog A Day For June

So the lovely lady over at Karoove is running a Blog A Day through June.
 
 
As Im still new to blogging, i'm going to do my best to take part. Day one is today, and the theme is make something pink, or tell us how you got into crafting.
 
As my mojo is missing at the moment, I'm going to do the latter~ but at least it gets me writing again.
 
I've 'crafted' since I was a child. I clearly remember spending hours and hours drawing landscape pictures, (I cant draw by the way), of either the beach, or rolling hills with a river and a few sheep on. I also spent hours and hours colouring in in those doodle pattern books. Hell I still have one of those now!
 
As I grew up I dont remember anything changing. As I did my GCSE's and A Levels, all my notes were in pretty multi colours. I think I spent more time drawing out my notes then I did revising them. This stuck at Uni too, any excuse I had to go out and buy pretty coloured paper and pens I would!
 
 
But it wasn't until I got married that I really started crafting properly again.
 
In the lead up to the wedding I made everything that I possibly could out of paper. I started with the engagament invites and save the dates, and it all went from there.
 
I made the invitations, the table confetti, the keyrings we had as favours which were also place names, I covered shoe boxes in pretty wrapping paper to hold all the gifts in, and I made the photo trees we had as the centrepieces too.
 
And I LOVED every minute of it.
 
We got married in sept 2011, and when we came back from our honeymoon, the christmas crafting magazines were all in the shops. I bought a couple with the idea of making the families and friends christmas cards. By the end of December I had a clear stacky box full of bits and pieces I had brought.
 
Its June 2013 now, and I now have an entire room to store all my crafty items.
 
Along with a business making affordable handmade cards~ www.facebook.com/craftylillel
 
God help us when we havw children, as I have NO idea where it will all go. Thats probably why i've been trying to sort it a little to make some more space. But I keep finding things that I just NEED to keep! 

3 comments:

  1. Great story, sounds like you're well & truly addicted! Looking forward to Day 2!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another person with a whole craft room. Im so jealous of people with craft rooms lol .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its only because we have a spare room :) I'm 25 and dont have children yet, and I would happily swop it so its the other way around. But I still craft everywhere in the house

      Delete