Friday, June 7, 2013

Day 7. 10 Things That Make You Happy or Craft Something With Food

 
Its another beautiful day here in Peterborough today. The sun is out, the sky is blue, and life is good.
 
Pretty apt for todays prompt then!
 
So, less waffling from me today, i'll get straight to the point.
 
The 10 things that make me happy are: (In no particular order)
 
1. My lovely nieces, nephew, and baby brother and sister in law. They are all under the age of 5, and incredibly fun to be around! Seeing their happy smiley faces never fails to cheer me up when i've had a bad day. I'm having my youngest niece for the day on Monday (shes nearly 6 months) and I can't wait.
 
2. My business Crafty Lil' Lel. Its my baby, the thing that I have done just for me, from nothing, and I am incredibly proud of all I have done.
 
3. My fab husband. He is in a word AMAZING.
 
4. Surprise, surprise, colouring in, and all crafting really.
 
5. Reading. I do a lot of it, and there can be nothing better then curling up with a good book, and transporting yourself miles away.
 
6. Being outside. I work outdoors for my day job, and on summer days like today there is nowhere I would rather be then in the sunshine making the most of the weather.
 
7. Learning. A know this seems a little odd, but at 25 there is still a lot in this world that I do not know, and want to know!
 
8. Writing.
 
9. Thinking about my holiday to Devon in September. We are only going for a week, but its for our wedding anniversary. Im hoping the weather is good, but I dont care if it isnt. Im just excited to get there!
 
10. Finding bargains. I like to shop. Not in a shopaholic, addicted kind of way. But I am happy trawling through charity shops, car boot sales etc, to find items that are nearly new, or even new for next to no money. My dad calls me tight, but I would just rather get more for my money. And if its craft stuff I find, then even better.
 
So thats my ten as I think of them now. If I think of anything else as i'm crafting tonight I'l come and add them at the end. And who knows, maybe i'll add a card or two as well.
 
Lel x


3 comments:

  1. Living over the river form Devon in Cornwall I can roughly say you should have decent weather in September. Normally just as the kids are getting ready to go back to school and first few weeks they back its lovely. Fingers crossed I am right

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found a few more to add to my list - one of them being reading. Can highly recommend The Guernsey Potato Peel Pie Society if you haven't read it already. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list & a week in Devon sounds like heaven!
    xx

    ReplyDelete