Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day Thirteen. What Do You Want To Learn.

 
Day thirteen. Unlucky for some, and rather fittingly today has been a nightmare. But the prompt has got me really excited.
 
Not the craft something with stripes prompt, as I'm not crafting today. I need a day to down tools and tonight is date night with the hubby.
 
But you see, if you read the 10 Thinks That Make Me Happy post (Haven't got a clue how to hyperlink it btw) then you will see that 'learning' is one of the things that make me happy!
 
There are soooooo many things that I would like to learn to do.
 
Like a massive list. But I am only 25, I have plenty of time to fit it all in, I'm sure of it.
 
1. I would like to learn to sew properly. I am envious of all of you who can just whip up a bag out of material and thin air. Me and my sewing machine ARE NOT FRIENDS. But I will get there.
 
2. I would like to learn to use my camera properly. It is something I have been saying I will do for around a year now. I have a bridge camera, and still don't have a clue what most of the settings do.
 
3. I would like to learn how to decorate cupcakes. You know so they look like the ones you see in those amazing cafe windows. And so they don't look like something an animal might have thrown up.
 
4. I would like to learn a language fluently.
 
5. I would like to learn how to fix my car when it goes wrong, which unfortunately is all too often.
 
Thats just the tip of the iceberg. Theres no end of crafting things I would like to learn to do with paper ~ papercutting, how to draw, how to colour with shading etc, calligraphy.
 
Seriously, I better stop. Or I will be here til bedtime, and date night dinner will be burnt (curry, if you were wondering)
 
Lel x
 


2 comments:

  1. Love your list, just keep adding to it. Thankfulky we are never too old to learn. Good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my mother taught me to sew I thought it was old fashioned and I would never use it. But now I realise how cool my mum was. Cant get my daughter to get into sewing though

    ReplyDelete