Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day Two. Something Summery/My favourite gadget.

 
So todays prompts are Make something summery, or my favourite gadget.
 
And the something summery prompt has got me crafting. I have wanted to make a beach hut themed card since last summer, and I just never got around to it.
 
So today I did. Quite apt as I had decided I was making this card before I checked in to see the prompts. Its even an image which I drew myself. If you read yesterdays blog, then you will know that I can't draw, so this is an achievement for me!
 
 
Ive made the card on a square cream base. I cant stand cream, (I got the card in a sale) so I've covered it with a pale green matt, and a pale yellow granite type paper.
 
Ive then topped this with a panel of beach hut paper, and my lovely drawing has been coloured using a pastel green promarker. I know its flat colouring, but I'm only just learning to shade.
 
Ive then finished the card with a silver sentiment, and some stamped bunting.
 
 
TA DAAAAAA.
 
 
 
So the lines in the drawing are a little bit wobbly, but actually I love just how fresh this card looks!
 
Lel x


6 comments:

  1. I like the wobbly lines its more beachy to me. It does look very fresh and zesty in those colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Living in Cornwall I can fully appreciate this. Love this card loads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for drawing your image yourself - it's fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, love your drawn image!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the Summer colours on this card! Fab!

    Mel xx

    ReplyDelete