Sunday, October 12, 2014

Being Inspired

You probably don't know, but I am from a place called Peterborough.
 
And every year we host The Great Eastern Run. A half marathon that loops around some of the city, starting and ending at Peterborough Embankment. This year my Father-in-Law ran it again, and so hubby and I took the boy to meet his Grandad as he finished.
 
Its something that I have been saying for a few years that I want to do. And seeing everyone there today, has really inspired me to enter for next year. Now, I haven't run for a good few years, but what better way to get back into running, then to have something to aim for, a year from now. And what better way to help me lose some of this baby weight.
 
So alongside my crafty posts, for the next year I will be tracking my progress on here, in a bid to keep me focused!
 
***
 
And on the theme of inspiration, I spent some more time Googling this afternoon to find some more papercrafting challenges. I've found that they are a good way to help me decide what to make when I'm drawing a bit of a blank, as my head is currently filled with Nursery Rhymes!
 
And so this evening I have made my namesake into a cute card, to enter into the following challenges:
 
 
 
This card follows the sketch challenge for the CAS Colours and Sketches Blog, once again uses the Autumn theme for Pan Pastels, and Uses a heat embossed stamp for the Clean and Simple on Sunday Blog.
 
The stamp is from a set that came with the Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine, which is matted onto a copper self-adhesive paper. It is finished with both gold and copper glitter.
 
That's all for me tonight folks, best go and sort the steriliser out for the boy.
 
Lel x
 
 
 
 



5 comments:

  1. What a cute little fox! It's sure to bring a smile to whoever receives this card. Thanks for sharing your work with us at CAS - Colours & Sketches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you do entering your lovely work into the PanPastel Challenge. Hope all goes well with the training,
    Yvonne - PanPastel DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty sparkly fox - thanks for joining in with us this week at CC&S - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous,thanks for sharing with us at PanPastel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that's a great sparkling fox beautiful. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday

    ReplyDelete