Saturday, October 11, 2014

A 'Challenging' Time.


After spending a bit of time on the net today, I suddenly thought to check out the blog challenge over at http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/
 
This is one challenge that I always used to enter, and having been away for a while, I had completely forgotten about it. So I was really pleased to mooch on over after I had put the boy to bed to see what this weeks theme was.
 
Seeing the theme of Autumn, really inspired me get my bum off the sofa, and to the old bureau that I now use as my craft space, to make a card. (I should take a photo of it one day and show you, but right now it is so chaotic its unbelievable.)
I LOVE Autumn. Its m favourite season, I love the colours of the leaves changing, Bonfire Night, and the fact that it means that the Fair is in town. Hubby and I nearly always go. Not to go on the rides ~ the thought of the Waltzers now makes me feel sick, but to look at the lights, and buy sweets.
 
But I digress.
 
So for my entry to the Pan Pastels blog, I went for a CAS card. Using only red, copper and gold glitter, and a tiny about of yellow ink, I made an Oh So Simple hot air balloon image, (that I had cut with my Silhouette Portrait) Oh So Sparkly.
 
I'm back sitting on the sofa writing this right now, and all I can see out the corner of my eye is the glitter catching the light. I have to say, I am a little bit in love with it.
 
 
I would say excuse the mess in the background, but there are no two ways about it. I AM a messy crafter.
 
***
 
Whilst I was at my desk, I also made a card for another challenge.
 
 
 
I've been meaning to make a card for this over the last few days. But the theme for the FIRST EVER challenge she has hosted is 'pink ribbon' and all of my ribbon is hanging nicely organised upstairs in my old craft space, in the same room that my boy happens to be sleeping in.
 
However, when searching for something else in the bureau, I happened to come across a tiny amount, so hey presto. Here it is.
 
Now I haven't used one of the Karleigh Sue digi's for this, as I currently have no printer ink, so went for a playful monochrome butterfly instead, using just white card, a holographic paper, and pink ribbon.
 
 
And that is all for now folks, hubby is commenting on how much glitter there currently is on the floor, and my face, so I guess that is my cue to go and clear it up.
 
Lel x
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad you were inspired today to make a couple cards - it's great therapy! =) They are both beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Karleigh Sue "Breast Cancer Awareness" challenge. Good luck and I hope you will come back and join us again!
    Hugs, Sarah T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for entering the PanPastel Challenge and good luck.
    Yvonne - PanPastel DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the butterfly and pink ribbon-thanks for joining us at karleigh Sue
    Carol DT x
    love the sparkly hot air balloon card too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards . Thank you for joining us over at Karleigh Sue . Hugs Tina (DTC) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards. Thank you for joining the challenge at Karleigh Sue

    ReplyDelete